Marybeth Minter, DVM

Home Plant Based Nutrition Group Bios Marybeth Minter, DVM

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Marybeth Minter, DVM 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Marybeth Minter, DVM

I grew up in NW Wyoming and attended the University of Wyoming, earning a BS in Animal Science in 1981. After graduating from the veterinary program at Colorado State University in 1987, I practiced in small and large animal hospitals in the region and in PA. I soon became discontented with being a veterinarian, frustrated with the conventional system. I explored other professional avenues, even working in laboratory animal medicine and joining a masters program in public health. During 1999-2001 I completed the CSU veterinary acupuncture and manipulative therapy courses. When I began studying homeopathy in Dr. Pitcairn’s Professional Course in Veterinary Homeopathy in 2003 I somehow felt I was “home” and was finally excited about veterinary medicine; I knew that the practice of homeopathy was where I wanted to focus my energy to help my patients. During this same time, I discovered and was surprised to learn more about the legacy on my mother’s side of the family. Six relatives were homeopathic medical doctors who attended Hahnemann Medical College in Philadelphia, including my great grandfather who practiced homeopathy during the 1918 flue epidemic. I stared Mariposa Veterinary Service in Jackson, WY in 1998 as a house call practice. After life changes and long winters, I relocated the practice to Sedona, AZ and continue to offer house call services and phone consults. I became vegan in 2014 after watching the documentary Cowspiracy and being involved with Susan Pitcairn MS and Dr. Richard Pitcairn’s programs. My own dog is fed a plant based diet and my goal is to help interested clients successfully transition their animals to healthy, humane and sustainable diets.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Marybeth Minter, DVM
Your information: